Sunday, June 7, 2009

Semi Finalist #1: U.S. Military Wives Contest

Happy Sunday everyone! I am blown away by the unbelievable responses I'm getting for this special summer long contest. Every single woman that submitted has a great story and each one has the ability to touch your heart. I decided to post their letters as is. What better way to hear from our "Heroines at Home"!

Remember....I'll be selecting 1 semi-finalist every week through August 31st and then reveal the Grand Prize winner on Labor Day Weekend. All of the contest details are on my website in the contests section. Please pass the word to anyone you know!


http://sarataneyhumphreys.com/rataneyhumphreys.com/

Don't forget....a portion of all of my book sales from June 1, 2009- August 31, 2009 will be donated to ASMBA STAR, an outstanding charity for Veterans and their families.



Ladies and Gentleman....I give you Semi-Finalist #1 Amy Fossette: Proud USAF Spouse!!! In her own words.




My husband is a Tech. Sgt in the USAF. This picture was taken right before he made Tech!

We have been together for 6 years, but just recently got married last August 2008. We are currently (and have only been) stationed at Mountain Home AFB in Idaho. We have a beautiful 7 year old boy and one on the way. (Our 7 year old is from his previous marriage, but we are going for adoption for me since she is not in the picture at all!)

My husband was in the USMC for 4 years and then joined the USAF 8 years ago. He works as an electrician in the 366th CES Squadron. Since we have been together he has been deployed twice to the Middle East. Once in 2005 and once in 2006-2007. We are looking at another deployment starting the 17th of June and lasting until the beginning of next year. (But it's not as long as the last one and he has been able to be home for 2 years so we are blessed!) The only thing that disappoints us is that he might not be here for the birth of our son. (I am due July 20th) But at least he'll be here for the first words, first steps, etc!

Our beautiful, wonderful 7 year old son has high-functioning autism, so the military is picky on where to station us next. However, we have such wonderful friends and family close by that we are grateful to be able to stay here for as long as we have! (Even though we had orders to Azores (Portugal) and they got cancelled.......)

We also just added a new member to our family in August........a McNab puppy named Scout who right now is whining at me because he wants to play instead of watch me type this up! Silly boy!

I was working full time until the last few weeks due to his deployment (I want to be able to be there for my kids) and the new baby! Plus this way, I can try to catch up on my scrap booking!!!

That is our story, well in a nutshell at least! Even though we have had our trials and bumps in the road, we can still come out smiling and staying as optimistic as possible! I would not trade my family for the world!

Amy Lynne Fossette
Proud USAF Spouse

No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers