Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Real Life Romance Hero

Real Life Romance Hero


My husband and I have been together for over two decades. In fact, tomorrow marks twenty six years to the day, although I still can't believe it's been that long. We met at
Marist College where we were both studying. Well, technically we met at Skinners Pub, which was the bar across the street from college but you get the idea.
Jeez. Were we ever this young? 
12645057_10154065846780628_4244990747161610038_n
We dated for about two and a half years before he proposed, which was followed by a year of engagement and wedding planning. Thanks to my generous parents, we had a dream wedding and were surrounded by all the people we loved on a sunny  September day.
Then came life....and babies...lots and lots of baby boys. Four of them. I knew I'd have children someday but I never thought I'd have four b-o-y-s. Although, I'm sure glad we did. The first of our brood arrived less than a year after our wedding and the other three quickly followed. Those years, when the boys were little, are something of a blur. There were family vacations, trips to the hospital, fights, chaos, crying, diapers, more crying, temper tantrums, cheerios, chicken nuggets, soccer games, baseball, fights about going to soccer, video games, movies, swimming lessons, beach fun, Christmas mornings, laughing until our bellies hurt, laughing through tears and even a few precious scarcely discovered moments of quiet.
12920242_10154257680530628_2299620619056120016_n

 Through all of it I have had my partner. My husband, lover, friend, and always, my rock. Nothing is perfect. No one is beyond criticism or reproach and marriage is hard. It's really damn hard.  I'm sure there were days, when he knew what kind of chaos awaited him at home,  my husband probably wanted to get in his truck and keep on driving. But he didn't. That man is a worker. He works at everything and being a devoted loving husband and partner is no exception. He's a romantic too but most people would never know that about him. Whether it's leaving me a little note by the bed before he goes to work on a dark winter morning or sending me a video to a song that makes him think of me, the man puts in the effort.

That's real life romance.

I know I write about hunky heroes who can shape shift into a dragon, have washboard abs and can touch the heroine's mind with a seductive telepathic whisper. Don't get me wrong, those fantasies are great but the real heroes are the guys who put in the work.



 That's a real romance hero.

.

14292502_10154714792215628_847958577833282268_n

The men who stick it out and stick around, the ones who do the laundry, who get up in the middle of the night to sit in the stream shower with a coughing baby, those are the real life romance heroes.

I count myself lucky to have one of my own.



 Now...if he would only put his shoes away....then he'd be perfect. ;)

 Happy Anniversary, babe. Here's to the next 26...

No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers