Friday, September 2, 2011

Semi-Finalist #8: Mary Lou Vandergriff






**This story is a bit different because this semi-finalist was nominated by her husband who served in our military. Thank you for your service, Larry.**




Dear Ms. Humphreys,



I wanted to say thank you for what you're doing to help our veterans. Being a disabled vet, I can appreciate what your aid means. Also, I wanted to tell you of someone that is doing something similar. My wife, Mary Lou, wrote a cookbook last year based on Mexican recipes she grew up with. She donated all proceeds to helping feed the homeless in our area.

We live just south of St. Louis. During our first outing, we met several disabled vets livingon the street. Since then, we've joined forces with our church and two others to expand our efforts. Visit Youtube and search for Hopeville St.Louis, and you find one community that we help.

She is so shy that it's hard to find apicture of her relaxed and smiling. I like this one because Mary Lou is relaxed and smiling. Sorry, I can't afford a new camera so I wasn't in the shot. Seriously, I hope you can use the photo on your blog. I read your blog late last week, and what you've done for these young kids and their wives is fantastic.

Which is more rewarding,feeding a vet or seeing his tears when his child gets new clothes and toys?I don't know. Thank you for what you are doing.

Larry E. Vandergriff



Thank you, Larry!!! I think what Mary Lou is doing is simply outstanding and I'm honored you shared her story with us. To all the readers, Mary Lou is working on getting her cookbook out there so we can all buy one and help support our vets! I'll keep you posted and let you know how things progress.





No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers