Monday, April 11, 2011

Romantic Times Booklovers Convention 2011

This weekend I attended my very first RT Booklovers Convention. This year it was held out in L.A. at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel. Now, I had heard many things about this conference and it lived up to just about all of the hype. The conference lasted for most of the week but I flew in just for Friday-Sunday. What a whirlwind adventure! It was non-stop action from the moment I touched down at LAX.


On Friday I got to sit in on a Q&A session with author Dean Koontz!! I mean...come ON! How cool is that? Friday night was the much anticipated Vampire Ball. There were costumes and fanfare at every turn. The book fair and signing on Saturday was attended by 350+ authors and 2,000+ fans. I got to interview authors like Angela Knight, Ashlyn Chase, Mary Wine, Mia Marlowe, Susanna Kearsley, booksellers like Daphne at Jans's Paperbacks and publishers like Noble Romance, Ellora's Cave and Omnific Publishing. I have to say that the people who attended this conference were incredibly nice. From authors, to fans to publishers...just really cool, friendly people.


Check out the Romance Roundup Video Blog-Part 1 to give you a closer look!


Saturday evening's events were dominated by the Mr. Romance Contest. 9 incredibly handsome guys were all angling for the title. I had the opportunity to interview each of them and let me tell you that they are as charming as they are cute.



First Runner-up: Shane Rice. A cutie patootie from the Spokane, Washington. Shane is represented by The View Talent.

Mr. Romance 2011: Len Gunn. A genuine, down-home country boy from Oklahoma. That smile could melt buttah!


Check out Romance Roundup Part 2. It will give you an up close and personal look at each of the 9 Mr. Romance contestants. Say it with me ladies.....yummy.

I'm looking forward to next year already. For more information check out the official website for the 2012 RT Convention.





No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers