Sunday, June 13, 2010

Week #3 Semi-Finalist: The Crouch Family



I remember when I signed up for this 14 years ago. Sounds like I'm the one in the Army, doesn't it? I've been married to an Army soldier for 14 years. My husband Robert has been in the Army for 15 years. It really does feel like you join the Army too, when you marry a soldier. Robert and I have 2 beautifully devious children. Our daughter Hayley is 11 going on 20 and Joey, our son is 9. We have moved 9 times in the last 14 years. We go where the Army sends us. We have managed through 1 deployment to Iraq and are preparing for a deployment to Afghanistan this fall. So many near scares have come our way and I won't lie, it's not easy to answer the phone at any time when my husband is away from us. The feeling of terror when you see any military person approach your door when your husband is deployed is palpable. Once you have been through any of this, you are never quite the same.


My husband works as a physician's assistant providing medical care to the soldiers within his unit. He trains medics to take care of wounded in battle and takes his job very seriously. We are immensely proud of him. With the stress that comes with a job of this magnitude, I do what I can to make his life easier. The Army's slogan is "Be All You Can Be" and it's the same for the spouses. We have to be the best we can be in order to be good parents and spouses. We adapt and overcome as a family and our lives are truly filled with joy by just being together. We appreciate each other on a level that I don't think people not associated with the military can fully understand and I am grateful.

Kathy Crouch- Proud Army Wife
Major Robert Crouch- United States Army Physician Assistant- Father- Husband
Hayley Crouch- Proud Army Daughter
Joey Crouch- Proud Army Son


***Remember---Every weekend between now and Labor Day I will select 1 semi-finalist to highlight here on the blog. ! There are some great prizes to be had. A portion of my annual book proceeds go to ASMBA-STAR--my favorite charity for Vets and their families. So spread the word to all those hard working, dedicated military families out there.***

SEND YOUR ENTRY TO: sarataneyhumphreys@hotmail.com

No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers