Monday, August 3, 2009

Week #9 U.S. Military Wives Semi Finalist





My husband and I met while we were both serving in the Marine Corps on deployment to Italy in support of the UN forces during the Bosnian conflict. We met in Italy, but actually started dating in Germany. We married just before Christmas that year and welcomed our little boy the spring of the next. Whirlwind romance...more than 12 years and a daughter later, still going strong.

My husband is now a Chief Warrant Officer 3 and a Blackhawk pilot in the U.S Army. He has served two tours to Afghanistan and is currently serving a year in Iraq, due home this fall. After trying to attend college for over 12 years, I finally graduated Cum Laude from Saint Leo University and am now a financial counselor working mainly to help military families. Since marrying, we have been stationed in Florida, the Carolinas, Alabama, and New York, where we have lived for over 7 years now.

Having served myself, I think I have had a huge advantage in understanding military life. That being said, we have had our share of challenges to overcome. Each step taking us that much closer to retirement and a new life. I have been blessed to be able to be a stay-at-home mom for the majority of my children's lives and fill my "extra" time volunteering in the community and practicing my passion of photography. I have worked in our family readiness groups, the Red Cross, the financial counseling office, Cub Scouts, Brownies, and am currently the treasurer of our school's PTO. We have all met some truly wonderful friends along our way and look forward to meeting many more.

Stephanie Talcott

Proud former Marine and Marine/Army wife :o)


A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.

~Knights of Pythagoras

No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers