Saturday, April 11, 2009

Origin of the Easter Bunny


Today, my four boys and I took a walk after the rain went away. Our walks usually consist of very odd or very deep conversations. Today's topic was... Exactly where does the Easter Bunny come from?


My 8 year old twins are convinced he comes from, "Mythical Creature Land". According to them this is where Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Unicorns, Leprechaun's, Elves etc all hail from. Not bad. I kind of like that explanation. It's simple and covers a lot of bases.


My 10 year old and 13 year old sons launched into the religious/historical possibilities. They both said that the Easter bunny was a symbol of both spring and fertility. To quote my 10 year old, Leo...."Well Mom, you know how Easter celebrates Christ rising again? Well, rabbits produce a lot of babies. They are very fertile...just like God." Huh? How do you argue with that????


When we got home, I naturally began to troll the Internet for answers. There were some that came pretty close to Leo's answer. The truth is....I'm sticking with my twins. "Mythical Creature Land". Works for me....but then again...I write about Vampires and Shape Shifters.


Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Amoveo Legend Series!

Amoveo Legend Video Trailers