Why...oh WHY are there hideous fashion trends that for some inexplicable reason come back around again. As if one season with these heinous crimes against fashion aren't enough! Here are my Top 5 Fashion Nightmares that won't go away.
5. Skinny Jeans: Look, these pants are ridiculous. Just the idea is silly. You may as well just put on a pair of tights and pretend they're pants. It's the same difference. They can only look good on stick thin models. To be honest they don't even look good on them. If you have even 1 ounce of fat on your body they cut a horrid figure on anyone. These should go away forever.
4. Stirrup Pants: First of all....stirrups go on a horse...not a person. These were around in the late '80's early '90's and had gratefully vanished...until recently. They have reared their ugly head again. These pants have the exact opposite effect of the skinny pants...and they are equally horrifying. The idea is that they hook around the base of your foot and pull the pant pin straight. Let's be honest....they make your legs look like tree trunks. Oh..now that's a great look. They aren't slimming...they are awful.
3. Leg Warmers: This ridiculous look first came around in the early '80's. The "Flashdance" effect. Hey...unless you're a dancer that is either, about to go to or is coming from, rehearsal...you shouldn't wear them. Who ever thought that was a good look? Leg warmers over jeans....yikes!
2. Shoulder Pads: Another '80's look that should have stayed in the last millennium. Who needs to look like a linebacker? Not women, that's who. I was at TJ Maxx the other day and was stunned to see jackets with big huge shoulder pads. Why would any woman want to wear something to make her appear larger?
1. High Waist Pants/Jeans: Pants that come up practically to our breasts...not the best look. It's supposed to be slimming. Really? If there is even one hint of a belly it becomes phenomenally pronounced to make one look pregnant. Wow! That's a selling point.
I truly hope these frightening fashion trends go swiftly into history and stay there. Please.
Post a Comment